All Chaos, All the Time

Our Obie Life : )

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Come back to me, Mary!

I think our cleaning lady quit. Or she's trying to be nice about letting me know that she is going to quit. Are they allowed to do that?! I looked long and hard for her!! Do you know how difficult it is to find a cleaning person who speaks English?! I am starting to freak out a little. I realize she has other customers that are "regulars" - the once a week or once every other week people. We're more of a once-every-3-weeks family, or a OH-MY-GOSH-I-CAN'T-TAKE-IT-ANYMORE-CALL-MARY-POPPINS-NOW! family. And I know she's gotten busy lately. But around Christmas she said to me, "Beth, I'm real busy now, but I don't want to let you go - you were one of my very first customers and I just love your little family and you have a beautiful home, so I am going to do my best to fit you in!"

Ok, so I had to cancel our appointment for today because w/ Bubby being sick...I couldn't pull it together enough to pick up the house so she could come. It's THAT bad. I may never unbury myself this time. Unless my mother-in-law called and said she was coming over. So when I called her yesterday to cancel our appointment, I asked her if we could reschedule for next week. She said she hadn't made her schedule up for next week yet, and that she'd call me when she did. Weird....but ok.

A few hours later she called our house and asked for Cindy. Who the flip is Cindy? I don't know. I told her it was me that she'd called, and she laughed a little and said she'd gotten phone numbers confused. She hung up, and hasn't called me back, and it's been 36 hours!

How can she quit?!? Is my house that bad? I hope it's just that she's too busy. No, I don't hope that. She was mine first!!! She needs to drop one of those dirty house people and come back to me! And here's the clincher: when she quoted me on how much she'd charge us to clean, it was $10 less than what we'd been paying our last cleaner...who I fired. So I told her I would pay her $10 more than what she quoted me just because that's what I'd been paying the other people. So this whole time I've been tipping her $10 every time she comes to clean...and now she's abandoning me?!? I think I might cry! What am I going to do?!?!

I must try and think a happy thought before I completely lose hope about my house. The baby clapped for the first time today! She's way too cute for her own good, and now that she claps on command....the kids are having a blast. The only other happy news I can manage right now? I got the bathrooms cleaned.

Seriously, Mary. You can't quit! I won't let you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home